Many manufacturers who traditionally had a B2B business model are shifting to a B2B2C (business-to-business-to-consumer) model due to the many benefits selling directly to consumers provides including:
· Increased Profit: You get the full manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) rather than wholesale prices for your products.
· Faster Time to Market: You can prototype, test, and get products to market quickly instead of contending with the lengthy traditional retail sales cycle that requires locked-down product development far ahead of order and delivery. This agility gives you a competitive edge.
· Brand Control: You own your brand. It won’t be diluted or misrepresented by third parties.
· Price Control: You can reinforce your MSRP.
· Better Customer Data: Selling direct to customers allows you to collect data about them that ultimately results in better products, stronger relationships, and increased sales